Please note that 4th Year students are
returning on Monday, 29th August from 9.10 until 11.20 a.m.
News Update, Aug 26th, 2016
• Congratulations to last year Sixth Year students who did exceptionally well in their Leaving Certificate. Well done to the 27% who achieved over 500 points and the three students who reached over 600 points. A fantastic achievement for the girls and we are all very proud.
• A big welcome to all the First Year students who started on Wednesday morning. They have had a busy two days on the orientation programme.
• In the Northern Ireland Young Scientist competition Khadija Gull & Emily Tierney O’Hanlon won the Senior Category & the First Derivative Special Award. Laura Cody and Tess O’Neill were runners up in the Senior Category. Kate O’Driscoll, Jessica Conway McLaughlin and Aoife Kenny won the Junior Young Scientists Category and finally Khadija Gull was part of the winning team in the Science Bootcamp.
• Shelley Johnson, Sadbh Quinn Hegarty, Ella Cooper, Aoife Kenny, Kate O’Driscoll and Jessica Conway McLaughlin won the top prize in Mathematics for their project in Sci Fest. Well done girls.
• During the summer Renuka Chintaplalli qualified as a regional finalist and therefore placed in the top 100 in the Google Science Fair. This is a global science fair and Renuka was the only Irish regional finalist. This is a remarkable and well deserved achievement and reflects the years of hard work that Renuka has undertaken on her project entitled 'Developing a predictive tool for identifying FLNc-associated biomarkers of oesophageal cancer metastasis' . As a result of all her success Renuka has been invited to speak at the Royal Society of Medicine conference in London this September. Renuka also won the overall prize in the Northern Ireland Young Scientist. Well done Renuka.
• Welcome back to Maria Louise Fufezan on her return from a scholarship trip to Germany which she enjoyed immensely. Maria Louise was one of only 5 students nationwide who were awarded the trip as a result of their excellent performance in German in the Junior Certificate.