Welcome to the French Department Webpage
This website has been developed for the students and teachers of Loreto Secondary School Balbriggan as a teaching and learning tool for French.
Students should also regularly check the French notice board located in the Mary Ward building for news and updates.
- Easter 2015 - third year students enjoyed a fantastic trip to Paris and benefited greatly from the family stay experience.
- French week ran from March 18th - 20th 2015 and included French breakfasts, bingo, competitions, quizzes and film.
- Congratulations to our French debating team for their excellent performance during the quarter final of the national French Debate Competition in the Alliance Française on Thursday 29th January, unfortunately we were narrowly defeated but well done girls for coming so far!
- Our French debating team are through to the quarter final of the competition, the debate will take place at 8.30pm on Thursday 29th January 2015.
- Bravo! - to our French Debating Team : Capitain- Aoife
Doyle and members Laura Leonard, Sam Brillantes and Aoife Kettle who
won their first debate in the Alliance Française in Dublin on Friday
October 17th. The girls are now through to the second round.
- Second and Transition Year French students enjoyed a French play
performed by "French Theatre For Schools" on Wednesday 8th October
2014. Some lucky students even had roles in the play!
- The French department members are delighted to be working with Florina Boisseau, their Assistante de Français for 2014/15. She is a native French speaker who will work with different year groups on cultural and linguistic activitites.
- Congratulations to all students on their excellent Junior Certificate French results this year.
- European Day of Languages will be celebrated on Friday September 26th 2014.
- During the 2015 Easter holidays fifty Junior Cert French students
will be spending 3 nights with French families in a suburb outside
Paris, visiting key attractions in Paris, including EuroDisney during
the day. This school trip will be an invaluable insight into French
culture and practice of the language for our students.